Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- By Hand – drop your repeat slip in at reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By Post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page and carry out a simple registration.
- Repeat Dispensing Scheme - this is suitable for patients whose medical conditions are stable, and who have the same regular medication each month. If approved by a Doctor, you will be provided with 12 monthly prescriptions for you to give to your chemist who will then issue your medication monthly without you having to request a prescription from the surgery. Imagine!! One prescription request per year ..... worth considering.
- Please note we no longer accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
For patients who find it difficult to get to the surgery we are happy to work with the local pharmacies who operate a prescription ordering, collection and delivery service. You should contact your your chosen pharmacy if you wish to use this option.
All patients on Warfarin will have to produce their yellow book before we can give them a prescription. This is a government safety directive to ensure that you are being monitored and receiving the appropriate medication. If you cannot produce a yellow card, the date of your last review should be obtained from your anti-coagulation clinic.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your medication and remember to allow for weekends and public holidays. For the collection and delivery option you should allow three days.
Pregabalin & Gabapentin Notice
Pregabalin and Gabapentin will be reclassified as Class C Controlled Drug from 1st April 2019.
EPS & Controlled Drugs
Controlled Drugs can now be sent via the electronic prescription service.